Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Scary Movie 4

What I Guessed It Was About: It will be just like the last movie except - what year was it made? 2006 - with a lot of Saw jokes in it.
How I Came Into It: I hate this series of movies. The fact that I like the Scary Movies more than the even worse cousins (Date Movie, Meet the Spartins, Superhero Movie) is more of a discredit to the cousins than anything good about the Scary Movies. I hit play and prepared for 90 minutes of wishing better for Anna Faris.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It's the only Scary Movie I had left and I'm a completioni - what's that? They made a fifth one? Fuck that! This had exactly one joke that landed for me. At the beginning, Shaq hears the voice of the Jigsaw knock-off and asks if it's Kobe. It's a stupid joke but I chuckled. It was downhill from there and pretty dramatically so.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Haven't I gone over why I hate this style of movie enough?

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment