Friday, March 21, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Waiting for Forever

The Pitch: A love story about stalking.

What Took Me So Long: This looked crazy-indie which can be a big deterrent.

Why I Saw It: I'll see virtually anything with Rachel Bilson in it, I've realized. In fact, that was the only thing I knew about it. I realize Richard Jenkins likes to do movies where he shows up for a few days, does a couple scenes and moves to the next movie. It's the only thing to explain why I see him in so many movies like this and never as a major character.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: This is one of those movies that is dangerous for anyone with a secret crush on someone. It gives them hope. I always say that stalking is defined by how the person you are following reacts. If they don't mind, it's commitment. If they are creeped out, it's stalking. This movie goes from the former to the latter which sends the message "don't take 'no' for an answer". There's a sweet movie in this with good intent but the concept at the center distracts me from the rest of it. Bilson looked good though.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment