Thursday, March 13, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Adventures in Babysitting

The Pitch: With a title like that, do you need a pitch?

What Took Me So Long: I probably never would've gotten around to seeing this had it not been for a movie night setup by a friend.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) "Don't fuck with the babysitter." That's explanation enough for why it's worth seeing. It works rather beautifully as a companion piece for Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead, and it's not just Keith Coogan. I love that the movie kept a PG-13 rating even though I know there was likely pressure from above to make it PG.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It's too genial of a movie to start  picking out what I don't like about it. I mean, any movie that features a Playboy as the centerpiece for conflict is probably not worth examining too closely (need further proof? See Miss March. Or rather, DON'T see Miss March).

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend


No comments:

Post a Comment