Thursday, March 27, 2014

Delayed Reaction: L!fe Happens

The Pitch: Having a baby sure is a buzzkill for dating.
And you ask "Why did I watch this?"
What Took Me So Long: I'm not going to lie. The '!' in L!fe made me really question if I wanted to see this.

Why I Saw It: Then I realized the cast is Krysten Ritter, Kate Bosworth, and Rachel Bilson and, suddenly, I wanted to give it a chance. Weird, right? The story is perfectly affable. Like most movies of its ilk, it's about a 20-something who can get his/her life together and then shit happens. In this case, that happens in the first five minutes and the rest of it is a RomCom with so much miscommunication that even Lucille Ball would be like "Enough games. Say what you mean".

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I'm getting a little tired of current iteration of the Indie movie formula. I like Krysten Ritter a lot. Kate Bosworth is someone I have no reason to dislike (Blue Crush is a modern female surfing classic). Rachel Bilson playing a character with a constant rotation of risque outfits is always ok with me. None of them do anything particularly interesting. None of the jokes are especially funny. None of the deception is all that cleverly handled.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment