Saturday, March 29, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

The Pitch: After this long and with this much renown, is it really possible to go back to a 'pitch' mindset? Since I can't think of a good pitch, I'm going to say an emphatic "No".

What Took Me So Long: With older movies, I never want to watch when I can't give my full attention which gets in the way a lot.

Why I Saw It: I kind of stumbled into a Paul Newman kick recently. He and Robert Redford are great in this. This sounds bad, but for a movie that is considered to be such a classic, I was expecting something much duller and with far less humor. I knew about the ending going in and it is great one.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I've got nothing. It's by no means perfect and it's one of those movies that I knew every beat of before I ever saw it because it has been mimicked often but never equaled.

Verdict (?): Strongly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment