Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Delayed Reaction: The Presidio

The Pitch: Part RomCom. Part Cop Thriller. All fun.

What Took Me So Long: Even in 1988, this cast wouldn't've had me all that excited.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) This is a rare combination of romance, comedy, and thriller. The Mark Harmon/Meg Ryan romance part is likable enough. The father/daughter humor from Sean Connory and Ryan was entertaining enough.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: The Connery/Harmon rivalry didn't completely fit with the rest of the movie though. It was jarring how it went from the more serious elements to the lighter stuff. And, as much as I like Harmon, he is so clearly outmatched by Connery (then again, who isn't) that I'm reminded why his film career didn't take off the way he hoped.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment