Sunday, March 9, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Internal Affairs

The Pitch: It's like The Shield before there was The Shield.

What Took Me So Long: The 90s wore me out on cop dramas and I'm realizing that I haven't even seen the majority of them.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It's rare to see a movie in which the Internal Affairs department is the good guys. To be fair, Andy Garcia is only the de facto good guy because as much as the writer(s) on this screenplay loved Richard Gere's character, he couldn't be sold as a protagonist. I'm not sure whether this was a case of Gere's character being a charisma vacuum that brought down the other characters or if Garcia's character was just underwritten, but there was an imbalance there.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: This is a good cop movie with a slightly different angle. The only thing I have to say against it is that it is not the most unique movie as I constantly confused it with something I saw in other movies.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment