Friday, December 20, 2013

Delayed Reaction: V/H/S 2

The Pitch: It's a horror, anthology, like the first. We've got more ideas.

What Took Me So Long: I just had to wait for it to make it to video since I couldn't find it in theaters.

Why I Saw It: I love, love, love the first movie and this one is every bit its equal. where the first movie is deeply unsettling in a way that follows you for a few days, this one is dialed up to 11 insanity. The zombie story is clever and inventive with a surprisingly non-horror ending and the cult story is intense. I have no idea how they could do all this on what I have to imagine is a limited budget. That's what I love about found footage movies.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: There's nothing I want to harp on. The first movie was a little more original but not by much and this improves on the production value. I hope for a new one of these movies coming out every year for as long as they can sustain it.

Verdict (?): Strongly Recommend

 Holy shit. That was insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment