Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Twins

The Pitch: Arnold Schwarzenegger is tall and Danny Devito is small. Let's pretend they're brothers.

What Took Me So Long: For obvious reasons, I always confused this with Junior and thought I had seen it.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I like both of the leads for different reasons. Devito is clearly the more comfortable of the two actors in this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is Arnold's first straight comedy movie. It is obvious that he has some learning to do so giving him the most earnest character imaginable is a smart move.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: This is basically a 90 minute sight gag. Once you get past the joke of Arnold and Devito being twins, there's not a great deal to it. Like most movies of that ilk, the first half of the movie has a lot more to it than the latter half that tries to hard to follow a plot.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment