Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Geek Charming

The Pitch: Disney channel movie about how you can't judge a book by its cover. Beyond that, I think the title was the pitch.

What Took Me So Long: I'm kind of out of the demo of Disney Channel movies these days.

Why I Saw It: I like Sarah Hyland and I wanted to see what she could do when not buried 7 or 8 deep on Modern Family. As the title suggests, it is a charming little movie. It isn't complex or all that deep but it has a good message. Hyland did all she could with it. I won't even bother looking up the names of anyone else in this until they show up in something else I see.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I mean, there's certainly better movies I could've watched at the time, ones that I could've learned something from even. It's hard to fault a Disney Channel movie for being slight. I got exactly what I wanted out of it.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment