Friday, July 19, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Moonstruck

The Pitch: Let's do a movie about Italian Americans, but not the mobster types. And get Cher.


What Took Me So Long: I don't particularly like Cher outside the confines of Farrelly brothers movies and I've been successfully deterred by all the accents the actors put on.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I've always heard it was funny and regardless of my opinion, the movie is held in fairly high regard. It was only a matter of time before I got around to it and I have to saw, it was better than I thought. Cher is pretty solid (not enough to overcome my opinion of her, mind you). Nic Cage is surprisingly funny as well. I seem to like him the most when there isn't a trace of seriousness to his performance. In general, I like the looseness of the movie and its interconnected stories.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I can't get that stupid "That's Amore" song out of my head.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment