Wednesday, July 24, 2013

DVR Purge: 7/17-7/23

These are just sad. I need a fourth show. When does the new Whose Line start? I don't think that's a blogging kind of show.


Past Purges
 

The Bridge "Calaca"
It bothered me how similar Sonya picking up a guy in a bar was to Carrie doing it on Homeland, even though this one went much further. I think it's another sign of my fatigue over mentally unstable protagonists. I think that sums up my feelings overall so far: I'm waiting for what distinguishes this show. I'm fully intrigued and in no hurry to stop, but so far the most unique thing about it is how many subtitles there are. I can't wait to see how these side stories, like the creepy guy in the trailer, tie together though.

Burn Notice "All or Nothing"
Do we really need a new Michael romance this late in the game? Maybe we do and I'm being over-protective of what the show was, not where it is now, but at this point, I do not approve. I guess I like Sonya and she fits well with the others. I can't imagine her being around much longer though. We'll see.

Wilfred "Delusion"
Hehehe, Wilfred can't get that hat off. That got way more laughs from me than I assumed. I love the weird places they can go with the nature of Wilfred and Ryan's relationship. Wilfred's book for Jenna is laced with so many layers, whether it's to be seen as actually from Wilfred or from psychotic Ryan. I thought they'd be winding down the Ryan/Jenna coupling this season but it still keeps kicking, and let's be honest, it makes sense for him to get together with Wilfred's owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment