Wednesday, July 31, 2013

DVR Purge 7/24-7/30

Still keeping myself busy with a lot of DVD rewatches and praying for the new contact to start back up. Soon, some shows will be coming out on DVD. That'll be nice. I can't deal with all this free time.


Past Purges


The Bridge "Rio"
I don't know why but don't know why, but it really bummed me out when Marco slept with Charlotte. Coupled with his wife meeting Sonya, I'm having flashes of suspicion, miscommunication and unneeded fallout that would be tedious as hell to deal with. Hopefully, this is all a red herring and this is all setup for something interesting. Regardless, everything else has been good. I especially enjoy the dynamic between Emily Rios and Matthew Lillard. Her argument for being a lesbian as her salvation was clever.

Burn Notice "Psychological Warfare"
I think we found Jeffrey Donovan's Emmy submission episode for next year. Kidding aside, that was impressive dramatic work for a show as generally "blue sky" as Burn Notice. Is that the first time we've seen Micheal's dad? It's been 7 years so maybe I forgot.

Wilfred "Intuition"
How long is Kristen Schaal hanging around for? In a small dose like we got this week, I wouldn't mind seeing her more. It was about time for another crazy-ass episode. It wasn't as mind-warping as other ones (quite frankly, I'm too lazy to look up the episode titles, but let's say any season finale or episode where someone else can see Wilfred rank as crazier). I expect we will ease back in to a more comic episode next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment