Thursday, July 25, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Another 48 HRS.

The Pitch: Remember 48 hrs.? Let's do that again.


What Took Me So Long: Because I haven't seen the first.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I opted for a pseudo-experiment when watching this. I haven't seen the original and wanted to see how inviting this one is on its own. I wasn't too lost by anything. Mostly, I had a hard time figuring out which stuff was new and which stuff was a continuation of the first. I'm guessing Murphy's character going to jail was something from the first. Was the Iceman? Or is that new? I do think Eddie Murphy works well with Nick Nolte. Nolte grounds Murphy appropriately.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Well, I should've seen the first movie before this. That's obvious. I have to assume the original was really clever and/or funny because it did really well and, I figure, is what got Eddie Murphy Beverly Hills Cop, because I didn't see anything special in this one.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment