Wednesday, July 17, 2013

DVR Purge: 7/4-7/16

Is Summer over yet? No, really. Is it over yet? I'm done with it. There's too much free time to go outside and hang out with friends and family. I'm tired of it. I need more time to sit alone in a room, and bond with people who aren't real.

Past Purges


The Bridge "Pilot"
Diane Kruger is good in this. I haven't seen this performance from her before. I have seen that character before in some fashion. I'm hoping they find an interesting or new direction to go with the autistic lead in this because otherwise there's a lot here that I could grow to like. I've seen Demian Bichir in enough bit roles that I think he's ready to be a lead. This is a different and more interesting Matthew Lillard so far. And, the setting on the Mexican-American border could be very interesting as long as it doesn't get too bogged down in the politics of it. In what's proving to be a very quiet summer, I can definitely keep up with this for a while.

Burn Notice "Exit Plan"
Yeah. It's good that this is the last season. Even when they try to do something interesting and new it feels like a half dozen episodes I've seen before. It's disposable watching in the best possible way. This week wasn't as heavy on the optimal formula of having Donavon, Campbell, and the rest hanging out and then something blows up. Sonya is interesting but I prefer the comical guest starts a little more.

Wilfred "Shame"
I got a little too used to double weeks. I cursed at my DVR for several minutes before realizing that there was only one episode this week. In general, I don't find messy funny. It is wholly unappealing to me, so I nearly couldn't finish this episode. The jokes were all very appropriate for the show and Kristen Schaal once again proved to be game for absolutely anything but it wasn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment