Saturday, January 19, 2013

DVR Purge: 1/17-1/18

I almost watched the Fringe finally tonight. I'm a season and a half behind though, and considering how lost I get from missing one commercial break, I decided it was for the best if I caught up on the DVDs sometime instead.


30 Rock "Florida"
Oh no! TGS with Tracy Jordan is being cancelled! What does that mean for the rest of the show? Oh yeah, we're going down the home stretch. I'm kind of sad I didn't go into the season with a checklist of all the things that needed to happen before the end: Liz gets married, Liz gets a kid, Jack becomes CEO, TGS ends. These all seemed logical to happen. I think I didn't believe it was possible to handle the end as well as 30 Rock has this season. Except for the election two-parter, every episode has had a larger agenda with an end game in sight. I'm pretty much saying this every week at this point, but I am sure going to miss 30 Rock.


Parks and Recreation "Two Parties"
There is not a more perfect comedy on TV right now. Every thing about the the bachelor parites was fittingly epic from Newt Gingrich to Entertainment 720's Roy Hibbert to the trip to Lucas Oil Stadium. The character touches like Jerry's ice cream cone were great to. The bachelorette party was not as grand and the scam burial ground story was a little stupid, but that gave us April digging with a penis hat and an Abe Lincoln striptease, so it still comes out great.

The Office "Suit Warehouse"
-I completely forgot what had happened to little Dwight and assumed he'd been covertly written off (which I was sad about because I like Clark Duke). It's nice to have someone come back for a change.
-Not a lot to love about this episode. It relied pretty heavily on the physical humor between the espresso machine the basketball goal. Remember when the biggest laugh of an episode could be generated from a little wordplay or mugging to the camera? It seems like so long ago.

Archer "Fugue and Riffs"
The Bob's Burgers intro was fucking brilliant. It reminded me that I need to get caught up on that show too. The rest of the episode was pretty standard for Archer, which has always been a show that I'm more than happy to watch, but I've never built me night around it.

Legit "Pilot"
I can't say I'll stay on board with this show. There's two many other shows on right now and, more importantly, the pilot didn't seem all that distinct. I've heard Jim Jefferies' story before that he based the pilot on and it didn't seem like a lot was added to it. If I was in a more giving mood and if Jefferies jumped out at me a little more, I'd at least give this another episode. As is, maybe I'll see what it's like in season 2.


The Point of the Purge
Past Purges:
1/10-1/16
1/8-1/9
...12/22-1/7
12/17-12/21
12/16 Dexter and Homeland
12/9-12/15
12/6-12/8
12/1-12/5
11/29-11/30
11/25-11/28
11/21-11/24 (Dexter)
11/17-11/20
11/11-11/16
11/4-11/10
10/28-11/3
10/20-10/27
10/13-10/19
10/6-10/12
9/29-10/4
9/22-9/28

No comments:

Post a Comment