Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Edge of Tomorrow

The Pitch: It'll be like an action movie Groundhog Day.
How I Came Into It: More than any movie this year, people who saw it in theaters kept reporting back to me that I needed to see this. I still don't know why I didn't.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Tom Cruise is a god damn movie star and I'm not sure how many of them we have left anymore. The premise is fun and the execution is impeccable. As if I didn't already have a big enough crush on Emily Blunt, she matches Cruise entirely and pulls off being kind of a badass more than I'd've guessed based on her previous work. Again, 'fun' is the best word I can come up with for this video game shot as a movie.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Your head does start to explode when you start to calculate how many times Cruise lives through the same day. I'm pretty sure a person would be driven to complete madness after that many times.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment