Sunday, December 7, 2014

Delayed Reaction: The Best Man Holiday

The Pitch: Remember that movie we made a long time ago that no one remembers? Well, most of the actors are still around and we don't need Tyler Perry to get a movie green-lit anymore so let's make another one.

What Took Me So Long: I like to see the difference between Tyler Perry black ensembles and non-Tyler Perry ones.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It's basically a cast full of "Hey, I liked that person in _____" people like Taye Diggs, Nia Long, Morris Chestnut, Harold Perrineau, Regina Hall, and Terrence Howard. It's about two hours long and fits significantly more story into it than I expected.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I really need to see the first movie, because I don't know whether to comment on how it compared to The Best Man or Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married?. It is staggeringly similar to the latter. If The Best Man is more or less the same, then I would be commenting on a cultural style difference in movies or something. If The Best Man has different beats than this, my reaction becomes about the influence of Tyler Perry in cinema, which is not something I want to write. So, I'm putting most of my thoughts about this on hold until I get around to seeing The Best Man.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment