Monday, June 30, 2014

Delayed Reaction: The Haunting

The Pitch: It's a movie about a fake haunted house that is actually haunted. Boom. That's the sound of your mind being blown.

What Took Me So Long: I legitimately assumed this was the same thing as House on Haunted Hill.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) The cast is one that I'd expect in a movie I liked. Liam Neeson is fresh off his Jedi days. Owen Wilson is still applying for membership to the Frat Pack. Catherine Zeta-Jones hasn't been ruined by Michael Douglas and cell phone ads. Lili Taylor was still being cast as the lead in a movie. Everything you need for a scary movie is there: darkness, old house, isolation.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: What the fuck was that about? So, like, the house has mystical powers or something? It wants Lili Taylor. How and why did it arrange all the other people coming there? Not a lot of the movie made sense. Nor did it scare me. There you go. Not worth seeing.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment