Monday, June 2, 2014

Delayed Reaction: The American

The Pitch: George Clooney...oh, you need more? He's a spy, I guess. Or a hit man. Does it really matter?

What Took Me So Long: I've never had any idea what this movie was about. Nothing I ever saw about it ever told me a damn thing other than "it has George Clooney in it".

Why I Saw It: I don't know. I kind of picked this randomly from my Netflix queue. What it was doing in my queue to begin with, I don't remember. I suppose Clooney is good in this. It's such a quiet movie, I lost track of it often. The tone is consistent and that's a good thing.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Did I mention it was quiet? It was so quiet. There wasn't enough else there to justify how subtle absolutely everything was. Yeah, this was one of those "I watched it. Check it off the list" shows.It reminded me of Traitor, but somehow slower.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment