Saturday, June 14, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Michael

The Pitch: What if angels aren't so clean?

What Took Me So Long: I think I've been holding out for catching it on TBS' Dinner and a Movie a decade since being removed from the rotation and numerous years since it went off the air. But, seriously, they showed that movie and the "I'm not that kind of angel" clip almost weekly for the late 90s.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It's a funny idea. Norah Efron makes just about anything work under the Romantic Comedy umbrella. Travolta has a great sincere, asshole, doesn't give a damn charm

Why I Wish I Hadn't: This really only works are far as the pitch. Once I got my laughs from the angel not acting like angels should, all that was left was a bunch of nonsense about heaven and religion that tried to be generic enough to not insult any religions. It kind of lost me when it started jumping through those hoops.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment