Sunday, June 8, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

The Pitch: People want another Star Trek movie, but we don't have the money for as bunch of new sets.

What Took Me So Long: Like most of the Star Trek movies, I've technically seen this before but I was so young, it shouldn't count.

Why I Saw It: This is easily the most comedic of the Star Trek movies. At times, it veers directly into self-parody. Still, it does it while staying true to all the characters and including genuine stakes. Mostly though, it's just very funny.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Whales. What was up with that? Did they have some sort of an agreement with San Francisco that they could filmed there as long as they included a message about saving the whales? It's a weird choice.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment