Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Footloose

The Pitch: Kevin Bacon wants to dance. He's in a town where that is somehow illegal. Drama!

What Took Me So Long: Dance movies aren't typically my thing.

Why I Saw It: Somehow, in my mind, it reached seeing the original or the new one which ended up being no contest. This movie is such an 80s movie. The soundtrack is undeniably perfect for the movie. The dancing is impressive. I've never thought of Bacon as a dancer but he and his body double have some good moves. It's a fun movie.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It drags at the end a lot. The first hour is so brisk, then it screeches to a halt until the closing dance scene finally happens. Oh, and when Woody kicks the shit out of Lori Singer, how the hell does that not end with him in cuffs. That was so violent. I was completely taken aback by that.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend


No comments:

Post a Comment