Thursday, June 12, 2014

Delayed Reaction: The Bridges of Madison County

The Pitch: Let's make the dullest movie of all time.

What Took Me So Long: Have I not mentioned that Clint Eastwood not in a Western is not something I'll go out of my way to see.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I won't pretend that I expected this to be a movie I'd love, but I have a good track record of coming out of romantic movies not hating them. I wanted to appreciate the work that Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep do, but I couldn't get past how completely bored I was by the whole thing.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I found this about as exciting as watching paint dry. I'm sure that's an exaggeration. I'm not sure it's by all that much though. You may notice that I've avoided any specifics about that plot. I got about as far as Streep is a housewife. It's the 60s. Eastwood is not her husband. After that, my mind kept drifting. I considered rewinding to catch anything I missed but that would mean having to rewatch part of it and make the interminable experience go on that much longer. Perhaps I will give this another chance someday. I'm in no hurry though. Did I mention that this was dull?

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend


No comments:

Post a Comment