Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Delayed Reaction: The Conversation

The Pitch: A surveillance expert becomes suspicious. I believe that is called "vocational irony".

What Took Me So Long: The title scared me. It reminded me too much of My Dinner with Andre.

Why I Saw It: for years, this was that other movie that Francis Ford Coppala was nominated for in 1974. I honestly had no idea what this would be. It's really interesting to watch this with a modern perspective because all the surveillance technology is so...analog. The twist at the end is pretty great. I'm a sucker for a scene that can be changed dramatically from a different perspective. This is probably my second favorite thing I've seen Gene Hackman in too (Hint: My favorite is either Hoosiers or Heartbreakers. Guess which).

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It is a little slow, I guess. Not enough to complain about. It's impossible for me to not think about it with The Godfather Part II, which is a tough comparison, so that hurts my opinion of it.

Verdict (?): Strongly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment