Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Rush Hour 3

The Pitch: Same as the first two. This time, in Paris.

What Took Me So Long: I hadn't seen the first two movies until recently, so that held me back.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Despite Chris Tucker getting on my nerves and Jackie Chan being unable to rise above the material he is given, these movies are still fun to watch. It's light-hearted comedy with cleverly choreographed fight scenes. The plot is secondary. It sticks to formula in a way that I appreciate.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It's a formula that only goes so far in its ability to entertain me. I like this movie. I don't love it. The comedy is chuckle-worthy at best and the action isn't especially thrilling. Granted, I don't think anyone believed they were making Die Hard. However, comparing it to Die Hard with a Vengence is apropos.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment