Thursday, May 22, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Cars 2

The Pitch: You know what Cars was missing? Espionage.

What Took Me So Long: Mader has to be the most annoying character Pixar has ever come up with and a movie that promised more spotlight on him promised to be a daunting task.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It's still Pixar. Even bad Pixar is pretty good, right? There's bits of the humor in this, so I got a chuckle or two. The look of it is pretty too.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: That's as far as I can go with the positive. This was both awful in story and in message. Everything about Mader being mistaken was terrible and lazy story telling that Pixar is normally better than. I also get a little irritated when Pixar tries to sneak in a political message (hence really disliking Wall-E) so the clean fuel cover up is simply cringe-worthy for me. I hope they make enough money from the toys that we don't see another shameless cash-grab like this for many years.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment