Friday, May 23, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Madagascar 3

The Pitch: Circus Zebra! Circus Zebra! Zebra with an Afro! Circus Zebra!

What Took Me So Long: That's Circus Zebra trailer got annoying. I needed some time.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) This is a decent animated franchise. The voice actors are all well-chosen. The story is simple enough for the audience yet deep enough to have a message. The circus element is different enough to keep things fresh. They've left the series open-ended so this could be the last (not likely) or go in nearly any direction they want (I know I'd see Madagascar In Space...) and that has to count for something.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Relocating to Europe is not an engaging enough change to keep my interest. Mostly though, I found myself writing this a couple weeks after seeing it, by accident, and I can hardly recall details of this one from either of the previous movies. That can't be a good sign.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment