Thursday, May 15, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

The Pitch: It's like Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead! but with a game show host.

What Took Me So Long: I simply never had an opportunity to see this and I kept getting it confused with Auto Focus.

Why I Saw It: I like George Clooney as a director. I like Charlie Kaufman as a writer. I like Sam Rockwell as an actor. In short, I liked this movie. It's funny and strange. It plays out like a puzzle, taking what is known of Chuck Barris' public life/persona and figuring out how this CIA assassin life could fit in. Drew Barrymore, Julia Roberts, and George Clooney (pulling double-duty) were all great in this. I really like how it takes this crazy story seriously and tries to show how it could happen.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Watching this reminds me how much of a bummer it is that Charlie Kaufman hasn't written more movies (that have been made and released, that is).

Verdict (?): Strongly Recommend


No comments:

Post a Comment