Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bottom Comedy Movies of 2011

A quick recap of what I'm doing here.


1. Just Go With It/Jack and Jill
It was a bad year for Adam Sandler. I mean, profitably, it was ok, but if That's My Boy's box office numbers are any indication, these two quite awful comedies hurt even his drawing ability.

2. Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star
I refuse to see this movie (another Happy Madison production. Coincidence?). There is also no need to. I want to like Nick Swarsdon. He's making it hard.

3. Medea's Big Happy Family
Tyler Perry can always find a spot on this list.

4. Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son
The second cross dressing black man movie in a row. Maybe it's a cultural or racial thing, but I don't like it. Also, was anyone asking for another one of these? The first was ok. Why push it?

5. The Hangover Part II
People loved the first one a lot more than I did. Still, I went into this with an open mind. If this movie didn't rehash the same jokes, go bigger and broader with the humor when it should've refined it, and churn out a script that felt lazy and uninspired at best, I probably would've kept in limbo instead of moving it to dregs of comedy ranks.

INCOMPLETE LIST

Attack the Block
I watched this with split focus. That's a horrible idea when dealing with British accents. I barely remember it. I need to give it a rewatch because I've heard good things, and I liked what I remember.

The Smurfs
I think my list only has room from one 70s throwback kids movie. While I doubt this could knock off The Muppets, until I've seen it, I won't say it's not possible.

Win Win
I hear good things. Until I've seen it, I don't know. It could be great.

Past Years:
Bottom Comedy Movies of 2010
Bottom Comedy Movies of 2009
Bottom Comedy Movies of 2008
Bottom Comedy Movies of 2007
Bottom Comedy Movies of 2006
Bottom Comedy Movies of 2005
Bottom Comedy Movies of 2004
Bottom Comedy Movies of 2003
Bottom Comedy Movies of 2002
Bottom Comedy Movies of 2001
Bottom Comedy Movies of 2000
Bottom Comedy Movies of 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment