Sunday, December 8, 2019

Quick Reaction: Under the Bed


The last couple years, part of my October horror tradition is that I build a list of writers, directors, and producers of three of my favorite modern horror movies - V/H/S, V/H/S 2, and Oculus - then look for other horror movies those people were involved in. It's the best way I can think of to find horror movies that aren't cookie-cutter major studio horror but are less likely to be the painfully amatuerish stuff that a lot of low budget horror is. The results have been mixed. Under the Bed was an early horror movie from some of the producers of V/H/S. Picking horror based on the producer is the least reliable method and this backs that up. The movie isn't very good. The actors are just not up to the task of pulling off their roles. I like the central idea - There really is a monster under your bed. It's a little thin for an entire movie though and the rest of the story needs some fleshing out. As I like to say though, it's hard to complain if they keep it under 90 minutes.

Verdict: Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment