Sunday, May 8, 2016

Delayed Reaction: Think Like a Man Too

The Pitch: We still like this cast, but there's no actual idea for another movie. Uhhh, Vegas.
How I Came Into It: The first movie was enjoyable enough. It hit right before Kevin Hart was given free reign to take over any movie he's in and had a lot of the standard "Battle of the Sexes" fun, like a 10 years later Two Can Play that Game. I let the goodwill carry me into this and ignored any worries.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I really do like this cast. Michael Ealy, Meagan Good, Regina Hall, Taraji P. Henson, Romany Malco, Gabrielle Union, Wendi McLendon-Covey, and Kevin Hart are all people I've liked in one thing or another. They have an easy chemistry and the plot isn't demanding.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Without the book for guidance, there just wasn't much to this. It fails on the key question I ask about any comedy: does it make me laugh? Nothing zigged when I expected it to zag. It was entirely predictable, which was disappointing.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment