Saturday, May 21, 2016

Delayed Reaction: In the Army Now

The Pitch: Don't you wish Stripes could've been made with Pauly Shore instead of that Bill Murray guy?
How I Came Into It: Like most Pauly Shore movies, I spent years feeling like I'd seen this already, because I saw Pauly Shore on TV in the early 90s and that's what you get. It turns out, this one escaped me, although I do remember the hair shaving scene vividly. Perhaps that's because it's a scene I've seen in literally every TV show and movie that have a military academy/boot camp.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) No, this isn't a clever movie, or a memorable one, or an interesting, or a good one. But it's not exactly bad. The mix of Pauly Shore, Lori Petty, Andy Dick, and David Alan Grier is an interesting one.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I can't be the only person who thought "I've seen 'x' already, so why do I need to see this?" where 'x' is equal to anything you want: Tropic Thunder, that episode of Malcolm in the Middle, Full Metal Jacket, Child's Play 3. Any movie or TV show will do.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment