Monday, May 23, 2016

Delayed Reaction: Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

The Pitch: Honestly, I think this was sold on the long title.
How I Came Into It: I think I read the book of this when I was younger, or at least the title made an impression on me. That memory wasn't enough to recall if the movie was a faithful adaptation. I'll go ahead and say that that's for the best.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) This is a likable movie. That's all it's aiming for. All the cast, but especially Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner are game for anything. Perhaps my favorite moment is at the end, when it turns out that the Australian cowboys are strippers, and the parents just laugh. I like when a movie knows to let things wind down. Any other move would've been forced.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I did have the thought "Oh, Donald Glover can't do Community anymore, but he can do this?" What I'm trying to say is that I need more Donald Glover in my life and I haven't had any luck getting into Childish Gambino.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment