Sunday, May 1, 2016

Delayed Reaction: The Doctor

The Pitch: What happens when the doctor becomes the patient?
How I Came Into It: Well, the poster art I found for it didn't tell me much other than it was going to be about William Hurt having a peaceful smile and wearing all white. That doesn't sound like much of a movie.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) William Hurt is fine and all, but it's lovely seeing a loose Mandy Patinkin. The last things I've seen him in were Homeland, where's he's so sombre and Alien Nation, where he's not supposed to emote. It was making me forget that this is Inigo Montoya and the fun involved with that. The rest of the movie is fine and well acted and all, but Patinkin is the story.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: After the first cough, I could've mapped out every beat of the story. It was all handled well but it was predictable as hell.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment