Sunday, May 15, 2016

Delayed Reaction: Open Season

The Pitch: Sony Animation is not about to be outdone by Dreamworks with Over the Hedge...or remember Barnyard? - that was a heaping pile of something bad. What I'm trying to say is that animated animals are huge!
How I Came Into It: I looked at this as a direct comparison. It wasn't going to be as good as Over the Hedge because Ben Folds did the music for that one and I like Ben Folds. It wasn't going to be as bad as Barnyard because Barnyard was awful.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) This is a perfectly harmless movie. The characters are likable enough. The voice cast in interesting enough. The story is simple enough. The beats are painless enough.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Hell, that last section doesn't account for a sterling review. This isn't a movie that's going to stick with me. The plot is too exactly like Furry Vengeance (I assume), the animation is too generic, and the plot too asinine.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment