Thursday, February 11, 2016

Delayed Reaction: Exit Wounds

What I Guessed It Was About: Are you kidding me? Another Stephen Seagal movie. I thought I was done.
How I Came Into It: That's what I get for not researching my list more fully. I thought I was done with Seagal's movies after Under Siege 2 then this shows up. I hope this really is the last one. I hate his movies. My disappointment over not being done with him certainly didn't do this movie any favors going in.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Seagal is used as a relic in this and he has a reputation of being unlikable. That's in his range. His career was on life support by 2001, so he was forced to be a little humbled this time around. Throwing in people like DMX, Anthony Anderson, and Tom Arnold give this a shaggy quality that works in its favor.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Why did DMX need to secretly be a good guy? Or, more importantly, why did we need to spend most of the movie thinking he was a bad guy? The explanation that he's a secret millionaire came out of nowhere and only served to create unneeded confusion.

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment