Friday, September 25, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Annabelle

What I Guessed It Was About: Remember that doll from the beginning of The Conjuring? Remember how it was haunting those students? Well, that wasn't the first time it's haunted people. It's done it before. Not all that differently.
How I Came Into It: I really liked The Conjuring. Had it kept the same writer or director, this would've had me very excited.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It follows through on exactly what was promised: A doll haunts the shit out of people. I appreciate that kind of transparency. It gave me a couple good surprises. Kerry O'Malley and Brian Howe meet the quality of the material.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: This was a very limited movie. It's mostly the wife going around places being scared because the doll is after her. I feel like there was enough story for a short and that was stretched into a feature.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment