Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Weekly 10: 9/11-9/21

Official Weekly Ten announcement. Now that the TV season has started, I'm looking for any ways I can find to maintain my sanity while attempting to stay caught up. For now, I'm going to try doing these on Tuesdays so I can use the weekend in my favor. That means, this week's Ten gets a couple extra days to choose from and it was already overflowing.


Emmys
Overall, this was one of the better Emmys in a while. I had trouble finding winners to be angry about. Sometimes, that's all it takes.

Girl Meets World "Girl Meets Farkle" & "Girl Meets Corey and Topanga"
Two very good episodes in a row: A Farkle Asperger scare and a couple of Boy Meets World flashbacks. What more could I ask for?

American Ninja Warrior Finale
Before this season, no won has ever won American Ninja Warrior, then two do it this year. I picked a good time to start watching.

Short Term 12
Brie Larson is pretty incredible in this movie.

Bloodline
I tried. I got through the whole season. It never struck me as any more than a lower-stakes Damages with a superior cast. Maybe I'll watch the second season. I'm still undecided.

Joe Versus the Volcano
This is such a wacky movie. I think Meg Ryan in particular had a lot of fun in her roles.

Jurassic Park
I hadn't seen this movie a quite a while. It holds up. Far less to be bothered by than in Jurassic World.

Review "Murder, Magic 8 Ball, Procrastination"
They used up both vetoes in a single episode. I figured it was coming. Not in one week though. And he still had to kill a person. That's rough. I loved the pancake callback.

The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials
Less focused than the first movie, but the expanded world made it more interesting.

The Big Bang Theory “The Matrimonial Momentum”
The two big stories of this week and Sheldon and Amy breaking up and Penny and Leonard getting married. Except for a surprisingly sweet "You've got a friend in me joke", the wedding was a complete bust. Penny and Leonard barely make sense as it is. They ruined the wedding by making it more about this woman that Leonard kissed (by the way, did any of that happen on screen of was it completely manufactured for conflict?). I don't know how I feel about Sheldon and Amy. On one hand, it's sweet that he was going to ask her to marry him. On the other hand, his confusion over the situation gave him free reign to act like a complete ass. That his mother (Laurie Metcalf, ftw!) was in on the proposal is a nice touch. It's only a matter of time before they make up. The big question is how unpleasant will Sheldon be until it happens. The lesser question is if Sheldon can be funny enough to make the unpleasantness worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment