Friday, September 11, 2015

Weekly 10: 9/4-9/10


So much binging this week. The Fall TV season is less than two weeks away, so I'm trying to fit in as much as I can before the DVR starts backing up,



Rectify Season 3
It was a great season that was ruined by AMC.com's video player being absolutely awful. The number of times I had to rewatch the same things killed the momentum of a show that already isn't plot-driven.


Straight Outta Compton
I finally got around to seeing it. It was pretty good. I can't say it was worth the wait. Oh well, some good music.


The League Season 6
A solid season, but it still falls victim to what I've said about it before. So many good guest stars, but it always feels like each episode ends about a beat too soon.

Late Show with Stephen Colbert
I watched the first episode. Obviously it wasn't going to be reinventing the format. I doubt I'll be watching it very often. Good episode though. George Clooney was charming.

Bloodline Season 1
This show is very familiar to Damages. I'm only about halfway through the season, so I'm yet to see if it all pays off.

Mission to Mars
It certainly didn't play out how I expected it to. The ending was very similar to Contact and I didn't mean that as a compliment.


The Jim Gaffigan Show “The Bible Story”
Guest star heavy episode. Chris Rock. Jon Stewart. Judy Gold. All sorts of cable news people. What a solid payoff at the end. Delightfully simple as always.

The Departed
I rewatched this for the first time in a long while. That's just a good movie. It's kind of hard to believe that with that cast (Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Martin Sheen), only Mark Wahlberg came away with an Oscar nomination.

Public Morals “O'Bannon's Wake”
I like Michael Rapaport. I have nothing to point to for why, but I do. It's good to see they didn't leave out Katrina Bowden again.

Awakenings
It's never good when a movie is outdone by an episode of House. Robin Williams and Robert De Niro were solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment