Friday, September 4, 2015

Weekly Ten: 8/28-9/3

As I warned, I'm deep down a Showtime rabbit hole and not watching much else. This is the closest I've come to not having ten items for a weekly ten, so thankfully, I've put off finding out what happens if I ever don't make it to ten.


Show Me a Hero Episodes 5 & 6
That was a satisfying ending. And, the side by side pictures at the end were fun. It made me appreciate the casting.

Homeland Season 3
I watched this all in a haze of about a day and a half. It...wasn't that great. They didn't do anything to rehabilitate Dana and I was perfectly fine that they killed off Brody.

End of the Tour
Jason Segel sure was good as David Foster Wallace.

sex, lies, and videotape
I'll come right out and say this: Spoofing the title is more enjoyable than the actual movie. I did quite enjoy the movie though.

Bullshit Season 8
I'll go ahead and say that, as much as I enjoy previous seasons, it's smart that they stopped after this. They were running out of topics and relying a bit too much of formula by then.

Homeland Season 4
As a season of 24, this was solid.The takeover of the American Embassy was captivating stuff. It's not a top tier drama anymore. Too messy. And that finale was pretty bad.

Dad
I love watching a movie that was desperate for an Oscar and didn't get any attention, especially for a good reason.

Public Morals "Family is Family"
So, is every episode going to end with someone getting killed? If every episode does, that would be kind of cool. If just a bunch do, that's lazy. This is almost so stylized it hurts. It had a lot of Lyndon Smith, which I liked. It didn't make up for the lack of Katrina Bowden.

The Jim Gaffigan Show "Superdad"
As I've said before and again, I love that Jim and Jeannie are so much on the same side.

Review "William Tell, Grant a Wish, Rowboat"
1) I now know what a William Tell is. 2) Forrest is simply refusing to consider those two vetoes. 3) At some point, the writers determined that "Forrest getting injured" = "funny" and I can't argue with that formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment