Friday, July 31, 2015

Weekly 10: 7/24-7/30

So far it hasn't been all that hard coming up with 10 things each week. When the TV schedule starts back in full, I'm worried that 10 won't be enough.


Dr. Who Season 8
I watched this in two days. That might've been too quickly. "Listen" certainly didn't have the impact on men that it should've. I've determined that this is my favorite of doctor-companion pairing since the '05 reboot. Pete Capaldi is having such a wild amount of fun. You can virtually see his giddiness between takes.

Hannibal "The Great Red Dragon"
I'm so glad that we got the European vacation out of the way. Ending the series on the Red Dragon seems appropriate.

Southpaw
Jake Gyllenhaal tried so hard. I just wish it was worth the effort.

Battlebots Finale
I thought Bronco will be able to handle Tombstone. I nailed Biteforce winning the whole thing. The simple bots aren't as sexy, but they tend to be more effective. That final match though. That was close.

Halt and Catch Fire "Kali"
Brilliant payoff with Cameron bugging the system with Gordon's virus. I'm still so bored with Gordon's story though.

Harry and the Hendersons
Certainly one of those movies that I didn't have to see to know everything about it. It was charming. I'll leave it at that.

True Detective "Church in Ruins"
I hate will a bad plan gets pulled off successfully. After that sex party, I'm turning my brain off for the rest of the season. It'll make it a lot easier to enjoy the parts that I do like.

The Jim Gaffigan Show "A Night at the Plaza"
Vintage sitcom structure with a few tweaks to keep it from feeling tired. If you are going to over-direct a story, including recurring gags (like the door being broken) that are versatile is a nice touch. More than anything, I like that all the craziness isn't conspiring to turn Jeannie against Jim. The handling of their relationship is the best thing about the series so far.

Girl Meets World "Girl Meets Fish"
Boy Meets World wasn't immune to a theme night. That doesn't mean I have to like them in Girl Meets World.

Singin' in the Rain / Weekend / Stranger Than Fiction
I did a favorite movies night with some friends. That was a great triple feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment