Friday, July 24, 2015

Weekly 10: 7/17-7/23

A lot of movies. A lot of The Wire. A healthy mix of new shows.


Ant-Man
Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World were disappointing. The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy were pretty good. I have mixed feelings about Age of Ultron. I think this favorably tipped the balance of whether or not I found Phase Two of Marvel to be a success.
(Side Note: I love that I've been doing this blog long enough too have Reactions for all those movies)

Girl Meets World "Girl Meets the New Teacher"
Last week was one for them (young viewers), even with the return of Eric [and Tommy]. Bringing back Mr. Turner, with heavy referencing of old episode was definitely one for us (The Boy Meets World fans).

The Wire Season 1
My god! This show is great. I forgot how well the seasons wrap up. I'm even finding what I've seen of season 2 less imbalanced than I originally did.

The Dead Pool
While I don't much care about Dirty Harry, seeing a young Liam Nesson and Jim Carrey was worth it.

Battlebots
Witch Doctor put up more of a fight against Tombstone that I expected. That ultimately didn't matter. I was right about Bronco beating Stinger the Killer Bee. I didn't see the KO coming. I called Bite Force beating Overhaul barely. The only thing I missed was that Ghost Raptor somehow beat Icewave. To be fair, how was I supposed to see the de-icer (or whatever it was called) coming?
Let's see. This week...Bronco is going to find a way to flip the crap out of Tombstone and end in a KO. Biteforce is going to handle Ghost Raptor in a runaway judge's decision. Bite Force will then handle Bronce, although it will be close.

Trainwreck
Amy Schumer is pretty much sitting on top of the world right now. I wonder how quickly she gets another chance at a screenplay. I'm still waiting on Kristen Wiig's follow up.

The Jim Gaffigan Show "Unnamed Red Velvet If You Please"
I want to thank this show for reviving my slight obsession with Ashley Williams. She sure is delightful. Jim's pretty nice too.

True Detective "Other Lives"
I'm officially watching this for the actors and performances because I really have a limited understanding of what is going on.

Halt and Catch Fire "Limbo"
Well, shit certainly hit the fan no that Mutiny is essentially no more. And, again, I saw this wit no ill will for Scoot McNairy but Gordon is a drag every time the story shifts back to him.

Like Father, Like Son
It makes me miss the subtleties of Freaky Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment