Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Delayed Reaction: G.I. Jane

What I Guessed It Was About: Demi Moore works out for 2 hours and cuts her hair.
How I Came Into It: I remember all the fuss about this when it first came out. Demi Moore was huge at the time, the biggest actress in the world as far as I knew. She just did Striptease and followed it up with this. There was so much coverage about her chopped off hair and how ripped she got. Most people forgot that there was an actual movie amongst the transformation.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I'll admit, a lot of me was curious to see just how ridiculously cut little Demi Moore got. That does take over the movie, no doubt about it. In general, it does a good job portraying the difficulty of the SEAL training.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Almost all of the movie tries too hard. The training is ridiculously tough (can it really rain that much?). Like, super amped up. I'm not super "hoo-rah" about the military to begin with, so a lot of this movie just strikes me as comically ridiculous. For example, there's that whole mission they go on at the end that I'm pretty sure is there because the studio made one pass through the screenplay and said "No. There needs to be a battle scene".

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment