Friday, July 3, 2015

Weekly 10: 6/26-7/2

With a dearth of new stuff, I've gone to recycling a lot of things I've seen before.


Me & Earl & The Dying Girl
That was a hulluva movie. I'm still looking for the right way to express why I loved it. I'm curious to see how others respond to it.

Last Week Tonight
He went after transgender rights hard and sufficiently and successfully.

True Detective "Night Finds You"
Well...that was...unexpected. I mean. I have to assume that Collin Ferrell is still alive. If not, they just one-upped Game of Thrones. If he is, that still means he's going to be sidelined.

Review
I noticed that Comedy Central had the episodes posted again. I'm only a few episodes in, but damn, this is a funny show.

Hannibal "Contorno"
That was a nice fight between Hannibal and Jack. I'm not sure what was going on for half the episode though.

Battlebots
I haven't done the math, but I fail to see how they make six episodes out of this tournament. Whatever. I'm sure they know what they're doing.

Halt and Catch Fire "Extract and Defend"
To be honest, I spent a lot of the episode imagining the version of the show without Gordon (even though I like Scoot McNairy) and liking it a lot more.

The Comedians Finale
I'm perfectly happy never watching this show again. It makes me dislike Billy Crystal and Josh Gad.

The Leftovers
After sorting through a few options about what to watch, I settled on The Leftovers. I just finished the Reverend Jamison episode and damn, I still love this show so much. October can't come soon enough.

Romy and Michele's High School Reunion
If you haven't seen this before, remedy that. I rewatched that along with 10 Things I Hate About You and Pitch Perfect. That's a great lineup.

No comments:

Post a Comment