Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Passenger 57

The Pitch: An expert of airplane security get on a plane that is hijacked! What are the odds, right?
How I Came Into It: Why do I know who Wesley Snipes is? Was the "Bad" video that good? He has some fine movies, but I don't get why he got as big as he did. This movie is in the middle of a string of hits for him that culminated in the Blade movies, and from what I've heard, he was a real prick by the time he did those. Part of the fun of watching his movies is tracking when exactly he became so difficult to work with.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I have a long love of the number 57. It's my favorite number, because apparently, I'm the kind of person who has a favorite number. That really works in this movie's favor, although it isn't mentioned much if at all which passenger number Snipes is. I was all prepared for another Air Force One, Non-Stop, or Executive Decision. Instead, this was very landlocked which made this a very different movie: one that I liked better.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I don't think I like Wesley Snipes, because I kept watching this the way that I watch something with Kanye West: I assume he's there because of his name recognition and so much that's in the movie is to service his ego. Like when he's getting frisked at the airport by the attractive security guard. Why is that there?

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment