Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Muppet Treasure Island

The Pitch: Remember how we did A Christmas Carol with Muppets? Let's do Treasure Island with Muppets.
How I Came Into It: I really don't remember ever seeing this, but I must've. I simply don't see how I would've seen The Muppet Christmas Carol so many times without ever getting around to this. I haven't read Treasure Island. I barely know what it's about. Any knowledge I have of it is probably the original Pirates of the Caribbean ride by mistake.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I'm not dead inside, so I like the Muppets. As I also mentioned, I enjoyed The Muppet Christmas Carol, so I could assume this is enjoyable too. Guess what? I was right. The mix of stupid humor, puppets, and Tim Curry as a pirate is a winning combination.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It's also pretty forgettable, like, to the point that I'm hazy about it only a couple days removed from seeing it. There's a reason why this doesn't top the list of beloved Muppet properties.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment