Sunday, March 1, 2015

Delayed Reaction: You're Next

The Pitch: It's a home invasion movie...oh, you need more than that? Ok, it's a kind of fun one. Violent. Guys in masks. Did I mention the home invasion part?
How I Came Into It: I knew it was a kind of horror movie that was better than its plot description and had a high energy.

Why I Saw It: Here's the thing. This belongs in a double feature with Tucker and Dale vs. Evil, not The Purge. Once you remember that, it's a lot of fun. Sharni Vinson as Erin is the perfect "way too good at killing people" heroine to the movie. The movie takes a little while to get going and once it does, it keeps going at that pace until the very end.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: As I said, it takes a little while to get going, and honestly, the plot is never all that interesting. The raw parts of the movie, the characters, the actors, the script, are not that great, but the execution is top notch, so it honestly becomes a question of what you're hoping to get out of it.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment