Saturday, March 7, 2015

Delayed Reaction: The Burbs

The Pitch: You know that weird house on your street growing up? What if there really was something strange going on in there?
How I Came Into It: This is definitely one of those movies that everyone has fond opinions of while never being called a favorite. I had numerous people tell me this one was good and no one tell me why.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Tom Hanks is the ideal everyman. We can all agree on this by now. I like how limited the movie is. It's just in the neighborhood where no one seems to have a job to go to and everyone can waste way too much time worrying about one another. It's a weird, entertaining slice of Americana

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Am I the only one who wanted this to go in a more straightforward direction and have the neighbors not be up to anything nefarious, so Ray and the others completely ruin the Klopeks' lives by exploding their house out of sheer bored paranoia?

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment