Thursday, April 10, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Under Siege

The Pitch: Steven Seagal is laconic and hurts people...on a boat.

What Took Me So Long: Do I need a reason to not be rushing to see this?


Why I Saw It: (Club 50) For what it is, it is a solid effort. They don't bother with the exposition too long before Seagal starts taking down baddies and that's exactly what I signed up for with this movie. I know Tommy Lee Jones is absolutely A-List, but I'm without context for the rest of the cast because it's pretty C-list from my current perspective. Let's just say the money went into the stunts and action sequences.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I've never been a big fan of the "take a tough guy and put him alone against a lot of bad guys" sub-genre of the 80's and early 90's. In the cases when I have liked it, you need to do a lot better than Steven Seagal, who makes Arnold seem positively Shakespearean. This is a painfully disposable movie.

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment